Monday, December 07, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday

Good Monday morning!
For todays Vintage Christmas post, I would like to show you the sweetest little Angel that I bought at a yard sale this past weekend. Doesn't she have the most peaceful and sweet face. She even came in her original box dated 1967!

I also have this adorable little planter that I got at an estate sale earlier this year and I decorated it w ith some Santa heads that were also thrifted! And while we are talking about vintage, how about a vintage recipe from my mothers 1959 Better Homes and Gardens book. Last night my family made homemade popcorn balls. They are so delicious!
Popcorn Balls:
5 quarts of popcorn (remove the "old maids"
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tea salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tea. vinegar
1 tea. vanilla
Keep popcorn warm by setting it in a warm oven. In a saucepan combine sugar, water, salt, corn syrup and vinegar. Boil until it reaches 250 degrees on your candy thermometer or soft ball stage. Add vanilla and remove from heat. Slowly pour mixture over your popped corn making sure that every piece is coated.
Once mixture has cooled down enough to touch, butter your hands and start forming popcorn into balls. If they are a little soft, don't worry, they will set up.
We stuck little candy canes in ours for "handles".
They are delicious!
You can see more cool vintage Chrismas decor over at http://thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Your vintage treasures are wonderful! And I love the old recipes, what is yummier than a homemade popcorn ball! Thanks for sharing the recipe... Bisous... Julie Marie

Judi said...

mmmmm, I wrote down the recipe and will have to try them. How lucky to have just found the Angel too! Thanks for sharing ~ Still lovin' that pink stove LOL Judi

★Carol★ said...

Awww, that's a sweet angel! I love the look on her face. The planter is cute too, and those popcorn balls sound yummy!
Happy VCM!
Carol

anythinggoeshere said...

Love all your vintage and I love the vintage Popcorn ball recipe. Happy Vintage Christmas Monday. xo Joan, your hostess

maryboys said...

i just adore the old photo in your blog header! and your vintage treasures...especially the angel:)

mary

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda! Merry christmas! I just love those kitchy angels! I have one that has a Carol Brady look about her and even blue eye shadow! ♥