Monday, January 18, 2010

More Vintage Sewing!

My sister gave my neice and I a big box of vintage patterns for Christmas and this was one of them. Is that not the cutest little outfit ever? I love that it has the name Betty Lou on the pattern. Wonder if she liked her outfit made from this pattern? Wonder what color it was?
I really like view C, and I had some cute fabric in my stash so I said to myself "self, I think you can make this". So I did. It went together super easy and I really like how it turned out. Cute little dress/top and shorts to match. I have enough fabric left to make one of those cutesy, frilly bows too.

Now I know no one with a child that wears a size 3, but if I hang on to it long enough I am sure onewill come along. My neice is expecting, but doesn't know what she is having yet. Hopefully it will be a girl!

I have been sewing up a storm. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some pics of some Valentines day gifts I have been making!

Happy Thursday!

Linda

2 comments:

Kristy Chan said...

that is so bizarre that we both made dresses from the same pattern given how old it is! I love the two contrasting panels you've used, I might have to make another dress now out of that view too!

Mountain Mama said...

I used to make outfits for my three litle girls from a pattern that resembled view B. I think they are all darling. I always liked the little smock tops with pockets for my girls.
Your outfit sure turned out cute. Some little girl will feel like a princess wearing it.