Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"Hildegard" The Good Witch

Good Tuesday Morning,

With a long weekend ahead of me and the weatherman's prediction of rain, I was looking forward to some shopping and some crafting.  But as usual lately, life through me another curve. 

My beloved 14 year old Chocolate Lab passed away on Saturday.  She had had some breathing problems that the vet said were related to old age and there was really nothing that could be done.  She was outside and apparently had an attack.  I had gone to the drug store and when I came home my family was looking for her.  We looked for hours and we didn't find her until the next day and she had passed away.  It breaks my heart to think she was alone when she died.  And it was her birthday.  She was exactly 14 years old Saturday.

So Sunday, I was just to upset to do much of anything.  Yesterday I decided the best thing to do is just stay busy.  So I made Hildegard, The Good Witch.  The pattern is the Tilda doll pattern from Tone Finannger.  These dolls make up pretty quickly and I really like how she turned out.  She is going to live with a lady I work with who is always bringing me craft supplies that she finds at yard sales. 
Her little "pinnie" sports a cute little felt pumpkin.

I looked for something I could make her a broom with, but couldn't come up with anything.

I also pulled out some Fall decorations and decorated my buffet in the dining room.

Hildegard looks right at home there.  I think I am going the make her twin sister because I really like how she looks.

Even with the high temperatures we are having, at least it's starting to look like fall.

Welcome to the pumpkin patch.


Hope everyone has a good week.  I did go to a yard sale Saturday morning and got several goodies that I will be sharing with you this week.

Blessings

Linda

13 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so sorry about the passing of your chocolate lab. Please know that I'm thinking of you. Love your Hildegard. She's delightful. May the rest of your week be easier.

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh, dear, it's so sad to lose our pets. She took a walk and laid down and went to sleep; it's only a little better than having to take her to the vet...Hugs to you my friend.

Debby said...

I'm sorry about your sweet doggie. It's so hard to loose a beloved pet.
Your witch is cute.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Such a sad weekend for you...It's so hard to lose a beloved companion. But I believe it's a good thing to create something when we're feeling sorrowful, if only to keep one's hands busy. I sewed a lap quilt from Jack's bandannas for my husband when Jack died a year ago, almost to the day. Each bright square of fabric came with happy memories.

craftyles said...

I'm so sorry about your Dog. It's always so hard even if they are older. Glad you're keeping busy with your cute doll.

Missouri Gal said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is very hard on a family. Maybe you should get another dog to fill the void??? I loved the kayak photo. I wonder if my corgi would let me paddle him around but I doubt it. I tried to give him a ride on the ATV but he's not hip on the idea. And I like the witch, she's really cute!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very sorry about your beloved Lab
They are a very important part of our lives.
Cute little witch. Her pumpkin apron is the cutest.
Deb

My Vintage Mending said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I lost my goldens with in 3 weeks of each other and understand how much they mean to us. Blessings...Renee

Nicki said...

I am so sorry for your loss. {hugs}

Perfectly Printed said...

I am so sorry to hear about your lab!! Our dogs are so near and dear to us, it is so hard to lose them. Your witch is just lovely! Your co-worker will be thrilled to receive such a thoughtful gift!

Hugs, chris

Nan said...

Linda so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I love dogs so much so I can relate totally how hard this is. Darling little witch you made there I got out my Halloween things as it's that time of year in Alaska.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Ahhh I missed this post when it happend. I'm sorry. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things ever. I'm so impressed that you were able to focus your energy on making something so cute during such a difficult time.
Hugs, Erica

GardenOfDaisies said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. It's just heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. Hopefully it helps to know that she was out exploring her world, doing what she loved most, when it happened. Sending you hugs.