Friday, March 28, 2014

Easter Mantel

Good Friday Morning!  It is finally warm here in SW Virginia and even though it is supposed to rain today and tomorrow, I am not complaining!  At least it's not that dreaded "S" word.

Last weekend I got busy and decorated my living room mantel for Easter.  I had lots of fun making this banner as a reminder of why we celebrate Easter!  He Is Risen Indeed!
I love these bunnies that look like real chocolate!
Both of these bunnies were bought at thrifts stores and were made my someone who does ceramics.  I think they are cute but just a little creepy.  Exactly what I like!
I added in some silk pansies and some glitter eggs with my bunnies.  I love my glitter.
I love those metal wreath holders that they sell at Tuesday Mornings.  They are perfect for hanging stockings by the fireplace.  Easter stockings?  Yep!  Do you see my creepy 7-Up elf photo bombing?
I made these girl and boy bunny pillows several years ago.
I love these old German blown glass Easter eggs.  These belonged to my grandmother.
 
Hoping to hit a couple of estate sales this weekend, even though neither sounds very promising, but you never know!
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 
Blessings
 
Linda
 
p.s.  I am linking up with Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday.

8 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a pretty mantle. So much to look at. I love it all, but I have to say that the German blown glass Easter eggs from your Grandmother are such treasures. Good luck thrifting/shopping today!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a pretty and fun mantel! I like the bunnies that look like chocolate too! :) Your boy and girl bunnies you made are really cute!! And how nice to have your grandmother's treasures around for Easter, they are so pretty too! :) Happy Thrifting out there!! xo Holly

vintage grey said...

Such a sweet Easter mantle and love your bunting! Wishing you a happy and blessed weekend! xo Heather

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

So pretty and festive Linda! The eggs from your grandmother are gorgeous. Those special things mean to much! Finishing up a display myself today. Love all your cute bunnies!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Love the chocolate bunny statues the best. They look good enough to eat!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

How special that you have those lovely eggs of your grandmother's. What a treasure! I like your creepy cute blue bunny -- looks like a Cabbage Patch doll dressed in a bunny suit!
Wonderful banner to celebrate Easter!

vivian said...

youre lucky to have youre grandmothers eggs! I hope someday my grandbabies will have some of my "easter treats" to remember me by! lol!
love decorating for easter!
xoxo
vivian

Unknown said...

I love your Easter mantle, how pretty! And those cute check bunny pillows you made are so adorable, love the glitter eggs, and LOVE your grandmothers eggs and dishes.~~