Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's at it's Peak and a Peek into Halloween!

Good Tuesday Morning!  It is bright and sunny and cool today in SW Virginia!  I am loving this polar vortex thing!
My garden has been amazing this year!  I didn't think I was going to have too many tomatoes and I was so wrong! 
Aren't they pretty!  I can assure you they are delicious.  I have eaten so many tomato sandwiches in the last couple of weeks that I have gotten a sore in my mouth from the acid.  Time to cut back!
Cucumber count in now at 526!!
Two gallons of jalapeno peppers have been frozen.
21 quarts of squash has been frozen and lots of zucchini bread made.
I dug up two potato plants and found these delicious spuds!  I will dig the rest in the next couple of weeks.
This is just some of the pickles, salsa, tomatoes, relish and green beans I have preserved.  By the way I canned 52 quarts of green beans!
 
This Saturday a few friends and I are getting together at my house to make Fall/Halloween Banners.  I can't wait to show them how to make these and I think we are going to have so much fun!  Here is a sneak peek of the one that I made this week
It was so much fun to be playing with all my Halloween papers and doo dads.  I love Halloween!
 
Also, in the vintage buying department, I have bought a couple of things,
Isn't this the cutest covered bowl?  I love the colors!
And I don't really collect Pyrex, but for 1.95, I couldn't leave this divided dish sitting at the Goodwill could I?  You can't see the bottom, it is yellow.
 
And this next photo is the most fun thing I have found in a long time.  I got it at the Goodwill this weekend.
An electric blue Christmas tree!  Have you ever seen anything as gaudy, tacky and wonderful in your whole life!!  I plugged it up yesterday and it works!  It has blue lights on it and I am going to use it as my Halloween tree this year!  I can't tell you how much I love this tree!  Stay tuned to seeing this baby all dressed up in her Halloween finery!
 
Hope everyone has a great week!
 
Blessings
 
Linda

7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so envious of your vegetable garden. We were on a roll and then we took over the cottage, Mr. Groundhog took over our garden. He completely wiped it out. Love the Halloween bunting and your blue tree is going to be fabulous as a Halloween tree. I'm always pleased to spy other friends who decorate year-round holiday trees. I'm not ready to end summer, but I have been dreaming of Halloween crafts lately. Hugs!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your veggies from your garden are so plentiful!! I bet you are just loving all that fresh produce! All your cannings look yummy too! Love your Halloween bunting...looks like it would be so fun to make one!! Such cute graphics on the bottoms!! Oh I can't wait to see your tree all dressed up! I bet that is going to look so neat!!:) Have a sweet day! xo Holly

Lynn said...

Love the banner! Wish I was a neighbor, I would be there creating with you!!!
Have fun!
Hugs,
Lynn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your garden did so good this year! And I love the banner you are going to do a class on. I wish I could join in! I always want a banner for over my French doors and forget to make a new one for each season. Love that BLUE tree! How FAB! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What an amazing garden you have Linda! I need to come stay with you and learn how to can, lol. I'm exhausted just looking at all you have done. You sure will be reaping the benefits all year.

What beautiful pottery! Sweet banner you made, your friends will love making them. I need to play at my craft table soon. Wicked cool blue tree for Halloween...how fun!

Hight 70's here today too, beautiful! :)

Margaret said...

That vegetable garden is amazing! What a great job of canning too! Can't wait to see the Halloween banner. SO excited for Fall! Maggie

Lady Linda said...

Hi Linda, I love your blog post. I am ready to start thinking of fall too . What a fun idea. Will look for a post on the finished projects of the group.
Linda Lou