Monday, August 25, 2014

It's Cinnamon Roll Time!

Good Monday Morning!  It is a beautiful day in SW Virginia today.  Much welcome sunshine after a weekend of grey days and down pours.
 
Even though Saturday was HOT and HUMID, it was still rainy and it got me in the mood for some cinnamon rolls.  I like cinnamon rolls, any kind of cinnamon rolls, even those that come in a can or in the cellophane package in the bread department of the grocery store.  However, I LOVE homemade cinnamon rolls!  I have an old standby from a Southern Living Christmas cookbook from the eighties that I usually use, but decided to try something new.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it linked me to the blog of The Hopeless Housewife and her recipe for Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
 
These are the best cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted!  They have an apple pie filling in the middle!
Just follow the directions to a T.  I will admit I had a little frustration rolling these because the filling wanted to squirt out, but by lifting the dough up and over before the roll, I did finally get it rolled.
A little time consuming, but mostly rising time when you can be doing something else.
Honestly, these rolls are delicious. 
 
Cinnamon rolls with an apple pie filling and a cream cheese icing!  What a better way to end a rainy, drab Saturday.
 
Blessings
 
Linda
 

6 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Looks perfect for an upcoming fall morning!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

OMG! I'm sitting in the library, just finished doing a blog post, thinking about how hungry I am now, check my sidebar and see this post...LOL! You are killing me Linda, they look so fabulous. Yummy! Thanks for sharing, I think. ;)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Apple pie filling and cinnamon rolls. It's the perfect marriage. I must try these!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

These sound amazing and so very yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe I will have to go pin that! :) Happy sweet Monday! xo Holly

vivian said...

DROOLING!! I may just have to try that! oh wait.. Im trying to lose weight.. well then I might have to interupt my diet for a minute! lol!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

Lady Linda said...

Hi Linda...oh yummmmmmmy! I have never had this combo. Can you drop some off at my doorstep! Amazing.