Trudi over at http://trinketsandtreasures.blogspot.com/ has tagged me to list 8 random facts about myself, so here goes:
1. I was in a freak car accident when I was six years old. I was asleep in the backseat of my mom's car while it was parked in my aunts driveway. A drunk driver crossed both lanes of the road, came into my aunts yard and hit mom's car. I was thrown onto the floor on that "hump" thing and my back was injured. I have had back problems ever since. The judge told the drunk driver "don't do it again" and let him go.
2. I hate to use my cell phone! My friends and family know to only call me on my cell phone if it is necessary.
3. My mom died from leukemia when I was 16 years old. It was very hard, I had an 11 year old sister. My Dad was devastated but did a pretty darn good job of being Mom and Dad. I still miss her everyday.
4. I love to play in the dirt. I love the smell of dirt, I love to feel it in my fingers, and mostly I like to plant things in the dirt and see if they will grow. I have had this gardening obsession ever since I was too young to even remember. My Dad has photos of me helping dig potatoes when I was 2.
5. I love little dolls. I like all dolls but love little dolls under 6" tall. I have boxes full of them. I can't resist buying them when I am at yard sales or thrift stores. One year I hung them on the Christmas tree. Just dolls and lights. Sounds tacky but it was really kinda cool!
6. My Mother in law taught me to sew. Everybody in my family sewed but no one really ever had time to teach me. Once I learned, it was like a whole new world for me. I love being able to look at skirt at the store for $75.00 then go home and make it for $10.
7. I love to cook! I wish I had more time to pursue this. I work full time so the morning and evening meals are pretty rushed. But on week-ends I get to cook alot if I wish.
8. Last but not least, I have the greatest husband and son on the earth! Dear husband and I have been married for 27 years and I love him more every year. Our son is 15 years old and unlike most teens, he is a delight to have around. He's witty, compassionate, loving and kind.
So there's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me!
If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!
Have a blessed day