Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For your Paper Crafting Pleasure

It's hot as blazes around here again, and supposed to stay this way awhile.  I think the heat is getting to my little sis.  She called me last Friday and said " I'm dreaming about pumpkins and apples and making apple butter and haystacks!"  We had planned a "Sis" day on Saturday so I took her a stack of Martha Stewart Halloween magazines, some Celebrate Fall magazines and some Gooseberry Patch Autumn Cookbooks.  Hopefully that will get her through until the real cool weather arrives!


I am working on making my little doll that I bought at the last estate sale a dress and I don't have a pattern that exactly fits so I'm sort of making it up as I go along so it's slow go and of course with the nightly migraines, that doesn't help either.  But I will get it done, I am down to the pinafore.
This weekend I was canning some green beans in the pool house I remembered that I had a box of old greeting cards stowed in the shower stall (that we have never finished!) so while I was waiting for my 10 pounds of pressure for 20 minutes, I pulled them out and found several cute ones and decided I would scan some of them!  Hope some of you can use them with your paper crafts.










Blessings

Linda

7 comments:

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh Linda! Thanks for sharing those fun graphics! Our anniversary is coming in two weeks and I love that little couple! I'm going to print it up and make my card for Mr. Wonderful with them!

Tammy

Shirley Hatfield said...

So sweet to share! I can never get enough of these cute old cards. By the way, that scrapbook idea is fantastic...wish I'd a thought of it! =D The possibilities are endless for gifts. Thanks for reading my LIFE post. =D

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Bummer about your nightly headaches..
That is so cool that you can make a dress for the doll without a pattern.
Love the old greeting card images. Thanks for sharing them.
Deb

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Oh that's so funny that we both scanned on the same day! Anything to stay inside and beat the heat.
Guess what? Starting Sept. I'm gonna take a sewing class! (Or did I already tell you?) I'm really excited because it'll be once a week, pretty much right after I get the kids off to school for 1 1/2 hours. It's a small class of only 5-6 women and it's learn at your own pace. So I won't need to worry or be self-conscience about trying to keep up with the others. Plus, it'll give me some adult time. I've kind of turned into a hermit. I love being able to work on my art and follow my own schedule, but I think being with other people could be good for my emotional state!

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh, these cards! I especially like the happy anniversary one ~ it's darling!

~Cindy

craftyles said...

Those are such cute images-I love the cat and the dog. Thanks for sharing them. Hope the headaches go away soon! Feel Better!

Nan said...

What darling cards. How did your dr appt go any thing new? Nan