Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vacation!

Last week our family headed off to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for our vacation! We had so much fun! The weather couldn't have been better, it was sunny, about 85 degrees with a gentle breeze coming in off the ocean.Don't tell my husband but I found a boy friend while I was visiting S.C. He is a little old and skinny for me, but what does age matter?We also met up with this nice fellow in the aquarium:
Better in the aquarium than in the ocean!

I have threatened to have DH's cell phone surgically attached to his ear!

Then Saturday we headed to High Point, N.C. for the Drag Boat races! All I can say about that is that it was hot and loud! But DH and DS enjoyed them very much!

Of course when we got home I had a mountain of clothes to wash and tons of vegetables in the garden to be picked. So I got busy and made 5 qts. of pickled beets and 5 1/2 pints of hot pepper jelly which is so good served with cream cheese of crackers! YUM! Ohh red and green, reminds me of Christmas, which is less than 5 months away!

So back to the old grind this week!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Linda

8 comments:

Stacie said...

The beets and jellies sure do look good. You've been busy! Hard to believe that Christmas is only 5 months away. This year has really gone by very quickly.

You asked if my daughter was getting a tooth {from my Wordless Wednesday post}. We could only hope!! She is 9mo and has been teething for quite some time. We are waiting patiently for a little suprise. :D

Jeanne said...

Hello Linda, love your post today. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. We have never been to Myrtle Beach and it is not too far from here. Your beets and mint jelly look awesome.

We have been gone this whole summer and I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends. I have missed your posts and you. Where does the time go?

Have a happy day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Stopping by from SPFH! I'm from the Carolinas and I just absolutely loved this post! Sounds like you guys had a blast :)

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

You have a great blog, Linda. Your boyfriend reminds me of a very skinny Johnny Depp. LOL

smiles,
Teresa

Mountain Mama said...

Myrtle Beach looks like a wonderful place. I love the ocean.

Your pickled beets and jelly are so colorful and you are right, it does look like Christmas. I've never made hot pepper jelly before but it sounds interesting.

Arlene G said...

love the picture of the beets and jelly!! It made me smile. Hope you are having a good summer. We are off to Savannah for my DH's 40th highschool reunion this weekend. Looking forward to some time at the beach.

Bovey Belle said...

Looks like you had a great holiday. Hope you managed to unwind. We house/animal sat for friends in the New Forest and had a great time. like you though, back to the grind now as as we have visitors due, I am cleaning the house from top to bottom! Your preserves look great.

Anonymous said...

wow,Amazing pictures ...
Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step