Tuesday, November 10, 2009

There's a Mouse in the House!

Actually there are two mice in the house!

Back last spring I bought a huge stack of old craft magazines from the 1960's and 1970's. I do have an issue with anyone who says that they are old magazines, because they were around when I was a kid so they really aren't old, are they?

Anyway, I decided to make these little mice from a 1974 Holiday Crafts magazine. The picture of the mice was in black and white and the instructions were kind of vague but I muddled through and here is the result:


And yes!!! That is a Christmas tree beside them! I put up my beautifully tacky aluminum tree this past weekend! I only have red and green balls on it with multi colored lights. I wish I had a color wheel like the one we had when I was little, but alas, they have proven too expensive to purchase.

Do you see what my little mice are sitting on? That would be my trip back into my childhood with the purchase on the minature kitchen set! There is the stove with the door that opens, the refrigerator that has a painting of "fake" food inside the door and a washing machine that agitates and spins!


I am still pulling out Christmas decorations and working about to make the house all festive and Christmasy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

4 comments:

Casii said...

There was one of those trees in the window of a consignment shop 2 years ago and I told DH that was all I wanted for Christmas.

He thought I was kidding.

Ebay has given me a few since then, lol.

Love your tree, mice and perfect pink appliances!

Arlene G said...

Thanks for sharing Linda....reminds me of Christmases when I was a tot!!

Mountain Mama said...

I enjoyed seeing your dear Christmas Pictures. It brought back some fun memories. I too had one of those silver trees and also the color wheel. I liked to decorate it with different colors each year. My favorites were pink or blue.

Your Christmas mice are really cute. How clever you are!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwwwwwwww such cute 'mousies.' :-)

And it's so nice to see people decorating for Christmas, already. We did a little. Even though we have more to do, it's nice to have some done.

^_^