Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things Sears Sold and a Teaser!

A few years ago I bought a 1961 Sears Fall & Winter catalog off Ebay.  I got this because this was the year I was born and thought it would be fun to see the fashions and trends of that year.

Last night I was glancing through it again, looking for some vintage images to use for a tag I was making and came across this page.
Do you see the monkey, rabbit and birds??  They are for sale!!!  Not supplies for them, the actual animal! 
How did they get to you?  By mail!  You can click on the photo and make it larger.  There are some restrictions of them, but I can't imagine ordering a pet for Sears!  In my Spring Sears catalog you can order pigs and chickens!  You can click on the page to make it larger and see the details.

I also found these little goodies while I was digging through my craft room last night.  I bought them about a month ago at an auction.  I didn't have time to take pictures of all the cards last night, but thought I would tease you a little with a photo of the boxes!  Are they not the coolest boxes ever!  And wait to you see what's in them!   I will try and get the cards scanned tonight and post them tomorrow.  They will be perfect for some of our Christmas crafting as they contain some of the cutest cards I have ever seen!  I can't believe I totally forgot about buying them!  That's old age for ya!

We are having some much needed rain here in SW Virginia and FINALLY the temperatures are dropping out of the high 80's and low 90's into the 60's.  Perfect fall weather!

Blessings
Linda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Comics in action sure looks fun!!!!!! I am so glad Elizabeth sent me over to check your blog out!!!!! Love it!