Monday, March 10, 2008

Easter Decorations

I love weekends where I don't have to be anywhere at a certain time and can just "piddle" all weekend. Those weekends are few, but that makes them more special.
This weekend I spent almost every waking hour in my craft/sewing room. I made a blouse and a pair of shorts! Both turned out good but not really photo worthy. I also made another duck which I turned into a pick and stuck into my ivy. This one was made out of the dark colored linen I found at the thrift store last week.
I am loving those Tilda books that I have bought recently. The crafts are pretty and very easy to make. I made two of the hearts with the bunny applique on them.
I went outside and cut several small tree branches and brought them in and stuck them in this old crock that I have. I added the eggs ornaments that I made last week and set it in the middle of the table.
Of course no weekend is complete without some paper crafting! So I made some paper blossoms to stick into the glass baskets I have on the table in den.

I certainly got my craft "fix" this weekend! I cut out a purple skirt that I didn't get sewed( is that a word or should it be sewn?) up, but I hope to work on it some this week.

I have discovered that I have lost my side bar with all the blogs I visit:( Anyone know how I can get that back without redoing the whole thing?

Hope everyone has a great day!

9 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Oh, I so love all your Easter decorations and how very smart of you to have made them all!! I wish I was talented in the sewing department but I'm afraid that talent just passed me by! lol Strange because my mom was such a wonderful seamstress (made all our clothes growing up) but all I can barely manage is hem pants! lol Oh dear, I'm afraid I don't know how you could get your sidebar back..hopefully someone will be able to help you out!! xox

nancy said...

Linda, I like the second duck best. The white was nice, but this I like a lot. I love the eggs. I'm sitting here wondering how in the world you can get those perfect egg shapes. You know I am an egg collector, so this is right up my alley.
thanks for sharing your crafts. They are great!
Nancy

Kelli said...

Everything is so bright and cheery, Linda! I love the little bunny hearts, it looks like the bunny is playing peek-a-boo. :0)
Hugs,
Kelli

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Anytime a sewing project (blouse AND shorts!!!) turns out great it is cause for great celebration! Break out something bubbly, and cheers to you!

I'm always curious about the fact that Christmas decorations go up in late November, but Easter? Does it make sense to dec out during Lent, or after Easter?

I usually just wait until March 21st and decorate for spring, and put the Easter specific items out for the week after Easter.

Aren't we women just the funniest? Can you imagine men talking about when the right time is to put out the Easter egs and ducks and bunnies on the mantle and sideboard????

Andrea said...

I am glad I have found someone else who likes to "piddle" My husband laughs at me when he calls me and asks what I am doing. When I say, "I am just piddling around" he does not understand what piddling around means. Looks like you had some fun piddling going on too. Cute and creative.

Mountain Mama said...

Your easter crafts are so colorful and pretty. I used to do a lot of sewing but have other interests now. My genealogy research takes up a lot of my free time but I love doing it.

Lori said...

Love your Easter decor.
I finally was inspired to get out all of my Easter decor this afternoon after seeing other blogs and also taking the kdis to an Easter Egg hunt this morning.

Thought I would stop by and say hello and catch up on your blog.
I've missed everyone in blogland.
I've finally found time to post. So drop by my site when you get a chance.

Lori said...

Love your Easter decor.
I finally was inspired to get out all of my Easter decor this afternoon after seeing other blogs and also taking the kdis to an Easter Egg hunt this morning.

Thought I would stop by and say hello and catch up on your blog.
I've missed everyone in blogland.
I've finally found time to post. So drop by my site when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.