Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Grandmother


Yesterday morning my grandmother walked into the arms of Jesus, never to suffer on this Earth again. She was the most wonderful Grandmother anyone could ever have. You can read a post I wrote about her life here:



She fell and broke her hip in April and had to have a complete hip replacement. She came through the surgery well, but it took too much of a toll on her body. She went to rehab to try and learn to walk again, but each day she just got a little more weak. Last week was so hard for her, and for all of us who loved her. She was having terrible hallucinations, that were so real to her and she was terrified. She also developed a upper resiratory infection that went into pneumonia. She died in her sleep Saturday morning.


While we all grieve for her, we also know she is no longer in pain. And the thing that excites us the most is that for the first time in her 96 years, she will meet her father who died before she was born. Can you even imagine what a reunion that will be!!!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers for my family during the last few months. It has really meant so much to me.


Blessings


Linda

14 comments:

Arlene G said...

What a lovely lady...I know you will miss her but she will always be in your heart.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH Linda I am so sorry! I pray your memories of her and the thought of that reunion with her dad help sustain you in the days ahead. Hugs, Linda

nancy said...

God bless you all Linda. I enjoyed so much reading about the wonderful relationship the two of you had, when you posted about her before all the problems began. It is an inspiration to me. I want to be that kind of grandmother to my little ones. Thank you for sharing about this amazing woman.
Nancy

Cathy Miller said...

Oh, Linda-so sorry! I'll be praying for you family.

Cathymac from MHH

Mountain Mama said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but agree that the reunion will be fantastic. Just imagine, an eternity to learn about her father and enjoy his company.
God is Good.

Kelli said...

I am praying for you and your family, Linda. (((hugs)))
~Kelli

A Hint of Home said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful role model for you.

Susie said...

Dear Linda,
I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Grandmother.
((hugs))

Libby said...

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - try to keep all the happiest of memories on the surface to comfort you when you begin to feel sad.

Bovey Belle said...

She was a very strong lady Linda, she had to be after her difficult start in life and the challenges she had to face. I loved the old photos of her in your link. Just remember that she lives on in you . . .

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Linda - I am so glad you entered the give away. I have thought about you a lot and would come over to see if you had posted. Take your time and do it when your heart tells you it's ready. Until then, hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to let Grandma go...we can be so selfish. But like you said...she's with Jesus now. How cool is that!

Vee said...

As one who is currently providing respite care for an elderly grandmother, this post touches my heart. I rejoice with you in knowing that she is home and walking in perfect wholeness. What comfort you must have in knowing that she is reunited with those who have gone on before. Still, she leaves a hole in your lives. May you find God's comfort very real and strong just now.

(Oh, I found you while following my site meter leads. Wonderful to find a new-to-me blogger!)

Andrea said...

I am so sorry to read about your grandmother. I am behind on my blogging but I will be praying for you and your family. I am sure you will miss her. She was a beautiful lady. God bless you.