Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Circle of Life


Praise God! My mother in law is coming home today! She is still very weak and needs oxygen, but her kidney infection is clearing up. Her sugar is high and they have started her on some stronger medication than she had been taking before. She will have a home health nurse come and check on her for the next couple of days.

The Doctor said someone would need to stay with her during her waking hours to help her around the house, do cleaning, cooking, and just keep an eye on her vitals.

My mother in law kept our son from the time he was 5 weeks old until he was old enough to stay by himself. We paid her $75.00 per week to watch him. We will now be paying our son $75.00 per week to watch his grandmother. Of course, he didn't want any money to do it, but we felt if we were going to have to pay someone anyway, it may as well be him. He knows how to cook, clean, take her sugar, temperature, etc.. He will be there from the time we leave for work until we come home, than my husband and I will take turns sleeping at her house until she is well enough to be left alone.

I have noticed that most things in life eventually come full circle. There's a lesson to be learned in that. How we treat others will someday come back to us. She has been so strong and so helpful and kind to us, now it's our turn to help her.
Thanks so much for your continued prayers.

Have a blessed day!


Linda

10 comments:

Trella said...

I am so glad your mother-in-law gets to come home. What a wonderful son you have, and I love the title of your post. Perfect!

Lyndy said...

You are so right...things do always come full circle. I know your mother-in-law will be happy to be back home again.

What a sweet son you have.

Lyndy

Jodi said...

Linda, so glad to hear your mil is home. How wonderful that your son will be able to help her. Praying she is fully recovered soon.

RPIA said...

Hi Linda,
I'm "Abundant Rain's" mother. She told me about your blog and said I should visit. I am thankful that your mother-in law is home. Mymom and dad are in their middle 80's and live together in their own home for now. It's hard to be a child helping one's parents. "Circle of Life" is very apt.
Blessings to you and your family,
Karen

p.s. my blog is: www.abakerswife.blogspot.com

Amy said...

It sounds like you have a great relationship with your mother in law. I'm glad she's on the mend.

Tracy said...

Linda,
I'm so glad to hear that your son will be watching after his grandmother. It seems we live in a society that does not value the life of the elderly.

My grandma lives with us. It's not always easy, but I'm thankful that my husband allowed us to provide for her in her later years.

Congrats to you and your husband for raising a good man!

Kelli said...

I'm so glad your mother-in-law is coming home! What an answer to prayer!! And what a blessing that your son will be able to care for her!!

Kelli

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Linda,
It's late for me and I'm trying to catch up on reading my friends' blogs and wouldn't you know after I posted my comment, I realized I used the wrong name. Duh!

Anyway, I'm so glad that your mother-in-law is able to come home and praying that she feels much better and stronger soon!

Mary said...

So glad to read that your MIL is better -- what a scary few days you had there! Here's hoping she's recuperating fully.