Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayers Please!

We have had a very trying and tiring weekend. On Saturday, my mother in law woke up not feeling well and started throwing up. We live next door so we checked on her every hour. When she started getting weak we called her Dr. who called her in a prescription for phenagren for the nausea and told her to drink a bottle of Gatorade.

After she took the medicine she said she was tired but felt better and was going to go to sleep for a while. We were getting ready to go out on the lake for about an hour, so Yngwie went to check on her before we left. He couldn't get her to answer the door and he was wet so he called for me to go in and check on her. When I went in she was in her bed, had turned so blue she was almost purple, had thrown up all over herself and was having trouble breathing. I have never seen anyone in such a horrible condition in my life.

When Yngwie came in he yelled for his Dad and immediately called 911. DH and I took her temperature with an ear thermometer and it was 105. We immediately started putting cold wet towels on her and trying to get her on her side so that she could breathe. When the rescue squad got there she was unconcious and was not responding to any stimulus. The EMT told us she might not survive the ride to the hospital. DH rode with her in the ambulance and they started fluids and oxygen.

When Yngwie and I got the hospitable they had her in stable condition. She apparently has a kidney infection and because she had been throwing up so much she had dehydrated and the infection had spread all over her. Her temperature when she got to the hosptial was 103.8. The Dr. told us if we hadn't checked on her when we did, in another 1/2 hour she would have died.

She is now listed in serious but improving condition which gives us much hope that she will recover from this. She is a very lively and vivacious 72 year old whom we love very much. She babysat for Yngwie from the time he was 5 weeks old and he still goes over to her house everyday for breakfast. He is so close to her and is so upset. He keeps repeating, "I can't stop thinking about what would have happened if I didn't go to check her". So please keep my dear mother-in-law in your prayers.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.



PEA said...

Hi Linda...I'm so sorry to hear about what happened but thank God you were there for her! My prayers are with you all and here's hoping that recovers 100%!!! xox

Kelli said...

Linda, I'm so glad you were able to get her to the hosptial. I will keep her in my prayers, keep us updated!

~ Janice ~ said...

Oh Linda!! What a terrifying thing for all of you! I do hope your mother-in-law is continuing to improve and I will certainly be thinking of all of you. Thank the Lord you found her when you did....

Jenn4Him said...

Oh my. I will pray. It is so good that you live so close!

Trella said...

Linda, I am so sorry. Your mother-in-law is in my prayers. I am glad that she is doing better. Please keep us updated.
Blessings and Hugs,

smilnsigh said...

"He keeps repeating, "I can't stop thinking about what would have happened if I didn't go to check her"."

But he did go. I hope he can find his way to concentrate of what he did do. And it will comfort him.