Thursday, May 22, 2014

Christmas Decorations in May!

Good Thursday morning!  Today is the last of the auction haul!    I haven't been to an auction in years where I have bought so much stuff!  Today I am bringing you vintage and some not so vintage Christmas decorations.  I bought every box of Christmas there except two and I have regretted that I didn't buy them!
Ok these didn't technically come from the auction.  I bought these at a yard sale on the way to the auction!  There are 3 plates, 3 luncheon plates, and 3 bowls.  These are Fire King.  And a very pretty holly and yellow roses plate.
Look at all these Shiny Brites!

These are my favorite, stripes

You just can't duplicate the patina that the old balls have

I love these balls!
And here's the rest! 
Not too old but cute brass ornaments

I love these calico ornaments from the late 70's early 80's

These are my favorite.  I love glitter!
 
Cute little stoves, covered wagons, bells, shoes, etc all in calico

These are so neat.  They are cloth and each depicts a fox hunting and Colonial scenes.

More Shiny Brites.  I love the box as much as the balls.

I was so happy when I saw this

There he is, all original in the box!

A very fuzzy photo of some adorable skaters, hockey players, mice, etc..  Those pink and yellow gingerbread people are handmade.

Oh Dear!  So many cute ones!

Love the pine cone snowmen and the felt owls.

Someone was very crafty and made spoolies, a bird feeder from a medicine bottle a bell and a bucket of pink and gold beads.

There is all manner of birds and bird's nests

Some adorable cross stitch ornaments and a NOEL sled thingy.

Some hand crocheted bells.
 
Lots of little manger scenes.

I love the gold elephant!  There is some wooden nutcrackers and some hand painted cutouts.

These aren't Christmas but were in the box, some really cute fruit.

LOL! Bread dough ornaments and your guess is as good as mine as to who they are supposed to be!

A new in box Mickey Mouse, a little girl bell, candle huggers, drums

And a small box of these little ornaments that are so good for crafting.
 
WHEW!!!!!
I hope I haven't bored you to tears with these auction posts, but this is also my way of keeping up with everything that I bought.  Needless to say I can't wait to start Christmas crafting and use some of these things!
 
I will be out of the state tomorrow to attend my Uncles funeral.  He was my mother's brother and  although I didn't know him very well, I want to be there to support and see my family.
 
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
 
Blessings
 
Linda

7 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What an amazing Christmas haul! Fab holly plates, and my fav is the Santa blow mold... what a score. You're going to have so much fun crafting this year.

Thanks for posting all this, I loved it! I'm sorry abour your Uncle, but glad you will be spending some time with family.

Hugs, Pam

Melissa said...

WOW! What a haul!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly.. My very first Xmas dishes, which my Mom and Dad gave me in 1978 were these exact Holly Fire King. For a few years she added pieces for me (serving dishes, glasses) and I had a service for 8. The whole set got 'lost' in divorce and always was so sad as I love milk glass and this fit the bill both ways. So sweet to see my 'old set' once again...

Musings from Kim K. said...

I smiled when I saw the skater ornaments! I used one of those on my blog this winter! I didn't realize they came in a pair! What fun! All those shiny brites. Fantastic. Thank you for sharing all your hauls with us.

PS. I'm sorry for your loss. Thinking of you this weekend.

Tammy's in Love said...

GOOD HEAVENS! What a nice score of stuff to play with!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle, wishing you a safe trip and hope you can enjoy some time with your family! OHHH my goodness what an amazing haul you got there!! I'm smiling all the way threw your pictures, you will have so much fun crafting with all of this!! Love those Holly plates!! Thank you for sharing your auction finds and treasures with us, I've enjoyed seeing them!! :) Wishing you a wonderful long weekend!! xo Holly

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Shiny Brites are the best find of all! I love the sweet deer and all the cute things. Did you find any pixies? I collect them but they are getting harder to find. Have fun this week! Hugs!