Monday, May 05, 2014

The Auction of all auctions!

Good Monday Morning to you!  Beautiful weather is SW Virginia this weekend.  Saturday I spent all day long in the gardens!  I planted 44 tomatoes, 12 Giant green peppers, 6 jalapenos, 6 banana peppers, 3 artichokes, 3 eggplants, sweet potatoes and a row of green beans.  Whew!  Tired and sunburned. 

Then Saturday evening I was talking to my sister and she said she and her husband were going to an auction of Sunday afternoon, did I want to go?  Of course I want to go.  Like I have been saying estate sales this year have been terrible.

I wish I had taken some pictures at the auction because there was so much stuff there I couldn't believe it and all of it was good stuff!  Stuff like we like!!!

Anyway, after sitting and standing in the sun for 6 hours this is what my brother in laws truck looked like when we were done.
It could not hold one more box, plus my cooler and purse were full of stuff!
Can you believe all of this stuff!!! 
 
Yesterday was my idea of heaven.  Tons of vintage stuff that I loved at prices I could afford!  I mean this stuff went cheap.  Like $5.00 per box lot cheap!
 
I didn't get home until late last night and was bone tired so I just put all of my stuff into the pool house and just brought a few things in to clean them.
 This wasn't in a $5.00 box.  I actually paid $5.00 for this one plate but look at it!!!  It is gorgeous and I have a "thing" for deviled eggs plates. 
This wasn't a box lot either and I think I probably paid too much for this but I loved the shape and chippy aqua blue color.  It is a metal shelf like thing that you hand in the bathroom to put straight razors in!  Well guess who's bathroom happens to the aqua blue??? Mine!
This was perhaps my best buy of the day.  This is a $5.00 box of dolls which really only cost $2.00 because I sold 3 Indian dolls out of the box for $3.00.
Check this tiny little doll baby out.  She is not the baby on the cut out piece of paper in the cardboard box.  I didn't see that doll anywhere in the auction but there was so much stuff you couldn't see it all.
How about a ballerina Barbie and a 1970's Stacie doll.
These two say they came from Portugal.
Aren't these Japanese ladies lovely?
She is so sweet.  A 1970's praying angel doll.
These are 3 of my favorite.  The one on the left is a dollhouse size doll and the other two are very old, I'm thinking probably 1920's, bisque dolls with movable arms.  The one in the middle has a dress painted on.  I'm not sure if that's original, but I like it.  She is about 5" tall.
Just an assortment of little dolls that I will probably use from crafts, except the little guy 3rd from the left, he is bisque as well and probably the oldest doll I got.
And last but certainly not least, there were 2 Kiddles in the box!  I didn't even see them in there when I bought the box!  I was so excited because these little gems are selling pretty high on Ebay right now.  I am thinking I will keep the one with the bunny ears and sell the red head.
Seriously, how could I sell something with a face that sweet?
 
In the next few days I will be showing you my treasures as I dig them out!  I am only working 3 days this week because this weekend coming up is going do be a dozie!  Ynywie is graduating from college!!!!  It is me and Dear Husbands 34th anniversary and it's Mother's Day.  So much to do!!!
 
Have a great Monday!
 
Blessings
 
Linda


7 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I live in Roanoke, too, and would love to know where there are any auctions. My husband and I loved going to them when we lived in Winchester, but since moving here 8 years ago, we've never heard of any.
You have some great finds.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Being Irish, green is my color. That's appropriate considering how JEALOUS I am right now!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh my gosh what a stashing score!!! I can't wait to see more of your treasures you pull out!! :) show us show us show us!!! :) Such a pretty egg plate too! Sounds like your garden will be big and lovely!! I can't wait until we can plant ours...still a little to cold here. Happy sweet day! xo Holly

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wow! That truck bed looks pretty darn full. I can't wait to see more of your finds. I've never been to an auction. Looks fun! Estate sale season is finally starting back up again. It was a long winter. You know how much I love dolls and giving dolls seasonal makeovers. Have fun playing!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Holy mackerel Linda! Glad to see you finally had a great sale out there. I would have loved it. It made me smile to see the truck full of treasures you all nabbed. Yay! So love that deviled egg dish. Its all sweet. :)

Lynn said...

Wow you hit the auction jack pot! I love a good auction where the prices are reasonable! Can't wait to see what other treasures you found! Have a great week! Hubby and I have been together 34 years but we will celebrate our 32 wedding anniversary on Oct. 15th!! Wow, I can't believe it all started when I was a wee baby of 15 lol I just knew after a few dates that he was the man I was going to marry!!! Crazy as that seems!!! Enjoy your weekend!!!
Hugs,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I visited various blogs except the audio feature for audio songs current at this web page is truly
fabulous.

Here is my website: social media examiner