Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where did September go?

Does it seem like September flew by to anyone other than me? Soon Halloween will be upon us! I must admit that I an a huge fan of Halloween and always have been. So needless to say, I have lots of Halloween decorations! But, I thought I would show you one that I made this past weekend. Say hello to Halloween Pointy Kitty! She was really fun to make. I saw a photo of one in the newest Mary Englebreit magazine and went to the website called "Wee Wonderfuls" and downloaded the patten. I think she is so cute. She made need a Chrismas companion.

I love this hutch/china cabinet that is right off from my kitchen. My Dh made this many years ago and it was going to have punched tin fronts, but I decided I would rather have glass. Each season I decorate it with my favorite things that celebrate the season. Of course now it is donning its Fall and Halloween decorations. I will show you a close up of some of my favorite things in upcoming posts.
We have decided that since we no longer have any livestock, we are going to turn the barn into a garage for DH's antique cars, and also have enough space for the boat, tools, 4-wheeler, etc.. that are either sitting outside or are in our garage. Our garage will be turned into a music studio for Yngwie. Our friend owns a Bob-cat and brought it down Saturday for Dh to use to level the ground.

DH and Yngwie both have had an absolute ball playing with this. They not only have leveled the ground around the barn, but have leveled the driveway, the neighbors driveway, dug around the boat ramp, etc. Yngwie even skipped going out with friends on Saturday night so he could play with the Bob-cat.

And this past Sunday was probably the last tube riding day of this year. It was very pretty and warm out, but once you were wet and on the tube, believe me it was chilly. Kind of sad to be putting away the summer toys, but I love this time of year with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Linda

7 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Linda,
What a cute Halloween kitty you've made. I'm working on getting my fall decor up, but it's a big job.
Such a lovely time of year.

Mountain Mama said...

MEOW!
What a cute kitty. You sure did a nice job.
I have been seeing lots of fall decorations on blogs and each time I do it reminds me that I have a bag of stuff somplace upstairs to bring down and get up.
I love how you have your shelves all decorated. You really have a knack for decoraing. I wish I did.

GlorV1 said...

September is just about gone but a new month is around the corner. I just changed my curtains as I always do this time of year and I really like your cabinet with all your things.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Linda:-)

Oh I love that little kitty you made, what a delightful Halloween decoration! Also love all your decorations in the hutch...looking forward to seeing them up close:-) It truly is hard to believe that September is almost at an end...I find the older I get, the faster time goes by! Ugh! I do love this time of year though:-) xoxo

Bovey Belle said...

LOVE the cat - he looks spooky in a pretty pussy-cat way!

Sounds like your menfolk had great fun with the Big Boys' Toy!!! Fahly's stable is now becoming Keith's workshop so he is gradually moving his stuff from mum's kitchen, which was his temporary base this summer. The end of an era . . .

Jeanne said...

Good morning Linda, your kitty is so darned cute. You are a clever gal. I love your post about the farm and the Bob-cat. I can only imagine the fun your dh and son had playing with it.

Your hutch looks great and I am looking forward to seeing more. We have to post our swap on Oct. 8th. smile.

Was that your son on the raft? It sounds like you have a wonderful life on your farm.

Hugs, Jeanne

Arlene G said...

Love the Wee Wonderful!!Too Cute. YOur hutch is great too. Thinking of you this week.