Monday, December 08, 2008

Snow Much Fun!

Well, actually snow flurries or showers, but down south we seldom see alot of snow so it was exciting and so pretty! While it came down pretty heavy at times, it didn't really stick to anything but my frozen pond.

The other fun thing this weekend was an estate sale that was just 4 houses up from mine. We never really knew these neighbors very well as they kept to themselves alot. But they decided they didn't like country life and moved to city and just left everything they didn't want to be sold in their house. Here is a couple of fun things that I bought:
Aren't they adorable? (The M&M guy just came by to say hi).
This little fellow just stole my heart.

I really don't like the wreath, but had to have the little dolls on it!

I also bought two black benches for the front porch, a black rocking chair for the porch as well, 7 plastic chairs to use by the pool, a 1930's Philco radio that didn't work (It took Yngwie about 2 hours to have it in working condition!), some Easter decorations, a book on music theory that Yngwie has already read about 1/2 of, a couple of cookbooks, (of course), a small trailer to pull behing the lawn mower, a couple of Christmas books, but below is my very favorite buy! A huge box of Christmas cards from the late 1950's and early 1960's!


I can't wait to use the images on these cards for some craft projects.

Oh yeah, grand total for everything listed above .........$54.00!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Blessings

Linda

9 comments:

Shakerwood said...

How lucky for you! If you think about it, scan the cards before you use them in the craft projects. Then you have some neat Christmas clipart to use! DD#2 traveled to DC this past weekend and texted me when it snowed. She was so excited!

GlorV1 said...

Linda, how great. I love the xmas cards and can hardly wait to see what you do with them. Thx for sharing. Take care.
gloria

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

WOW - what fun!! I remember some of those cards!!

Jeanne said...

Linda, I was so happy to read your post. I just knew you would be posting something fun. Your table looks gorgeous. I love those shiny Christmas balls in the pretty bowl.

Wow, I do love your goodies and want to see the benches. Yugwie must be very talented with electronics. And music too. The Christmas cards are a great find. I would have loved going to that sale.

Christmas hugs...Jeanne

Jess said...

Just catching up...Hope all is well with you and yours and that you have a great week ahead
Lots of love to you and yours.

Great post

Love, Jess

Carole Burant said...

Ooooh look at the treasures you found and like you, my favourite are the Christmas cards! I collect vintage Christmas cards and have over 1000 of them from the late 1890's to 1950's, I just love them!! The ones you got are just gorgeous. They sure don't make them like they used to!! xoxo

Arlene G said...

Linda I am stealing your idea of sharing some Christmas decor each day instead of doing a bunch of photos at one time. Great idea and it makes it fun to check your blog for new things.

nancy said...

Wowie, Linda. You sure did good. I was very surprised when I got to the cost. I mean, a trailer and all that stuff forthe porch? Very amazing.
Do you make the gift boxes out of cards? I have a tutorial from last year on my art blog if you need it. Some of those would make adorable boxes!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in love with vintage children's cards!