Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Busy, Busy

I've been so busy with life that I just haven't taken the time to post! All of our Christmas trees are up except the silver aluminum one that I usually put in the pool house. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with that this year.

Did you ever have an aluminum tree? We did when I was little and lived in the city! I loved it and would sit in front of it for an hour watching the colors that the color wheel reflected onto the tree. Ours only had green balls on it.

This photo is of me on Christmas 1965. I was 4 years old and had just gotten my first Barbie! I was so proud of her. I got 3 outfits and a case too! That little pink stove was metal and the very next Christmas I got the refrigerator and sink that matched. I never played with "baby" dolls much so I don't even remember playing with the high chair. But that purple snake stayed on my bed for years! Those were Barbie and Midge dishes! Boy, do I wish I had those still!

See the pretty aluminum tree in the background? I also notice the record player too! I still have that! It does work, but I haven't been able to find any needles to fit it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season so far!

Blessings

Linda

4 comments:

Arlene G said...

I remember the aluminum trees with the color wheel Linda. They were pretty amazing to a child. My grandmother always had an aluminum tree.

Glad to have you back. I miss your posts. We are getting crazy here too so I understand.

Holly said...

What a great picture. We must be the same age! I had a snake like that, too! I grew up in Washigton state so we always had a real tree and I still get one every year. I'm afraid Charlie Brown influenced me to be prejudice against aliminum trees! Ha-ha!

Libby said...

Oh my, did we ever have the aluminum tree. I never ever liked that thing! That spinning light wheel was the was the part I just didn't like - I wanted lights ON the tree. Lights by the hundreds and thousands. I was so glad when Mom decided to stop using it *s*

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful picture! I'm enjoying your blog tonight! Love it!