Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tasty Thursday Peanut Butter Jumbles

If you like gooey, salty, sweet treats, than this is the treat for you! This recipe whips up in just a few minutes and if you serve them warm with a cup of hot chocolate, you'll think you have died and gone to heaven.

Peanut Butter Jumbles
1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter (make sure it's from the safe list!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups Chex cereal (I used wheat and corn)
1 cup salted peanuts ( I didn't have any, but they're better if you use them)
1 cup M & M's
Pour cereal and peanuts in a large bowl. Set aside. Heat sugar and corn syrup together. Bring to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over the cereal and nuts, then add the M&M's. Mix together and put into a 9x13 pan lined with tin foil. Cut while still warm. YUM!
Enjoy!
Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crunchy, sweet and salty is my kinda treat! I'll have to try these!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
Your cookbooklet stash is great and I don't think you paid too much for 60 of them!! I also enjoy the covers on them.
More treats to try and make. I'm not sure if I'll be dropping any pounds with all these yummy recipes in blogland.
Deb

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh Linda. .. these look so yummy. . .my kind of treat. . peanuts. . salt .. .and sweet.
Thanks. . .

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda, we adore that little donkey. Our neighbors and friends all talk about bringing him home. Silly but it shows how much attention he gets.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope ll is well with you.

I am having my other knee done this Monday. Ouch!! I just want to get it over with. Another long recovery is what I dread. Such is life.

Hugs...Jeanne

Pearl said...

Hi Linda... This recipe looks 'n sounds really good... I'll copy it and give it to my husbad... And, Happy belated Birthday to you! What FUN! ... I'd like to thank you for your recent visit to my post about Vintage Love Letters, and for your kind comment... I hope you'll be able to visit again, anytime! Do take care...

~blessings~
Pearl