Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thinking Summer today!





It's almost that time of year! The weather has been in the upper 80's for the last few days and I am thinking summer! Our family lives on Smith Mountain Lake. It is beautiful lake with 500 miles of shoreline and breathtaking view of surrounding mountains.

We love the water, especially "Yngwie" our DS who is 15. He absolutely loves to wakeboard. He learned two years ago and wants to go everyday when the weather gets warm. He has actually been begging us to take him now. Not happening as the water is far to cold.

At least 4 days per week, we will go out in the boat or jet ski's and enjoy the scenery or pull Yngwie and his friends on wakeboards, skiis, tubes, knee boards, etc.. I am thinking that I may learn to wakeboard this summer. I can water ski, but I'm not too sure my 46 year old bones will take to many falls on a wakeboard. We'll see.

Anyone else who can't wait?!


4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog {from Kelli's} and especially for making such a sweet comment.

Isn't it fun to surf from blog comments, and find new blogs? Yes it is. But it can also lead to an over-load of blogs-I-just-must-read. -smmmile-

But, if only all life's problems were the size of having too-many-blogs-to-read. -smile-

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Can't wait for Summer? We just finally got Spring, around these parts!!! We are gonna' enjoy late Spring for a bit first, please. >,-)

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Ohhh you like books by Gladys Taber!!!! Just saw that!

Yes, I will go away now. ,-) I will go away, for a while. I will stop commenting here now. I will. ,-))))

Mari-Nanci

Lori said...

We can't wait for summer either.
I don't ski though. I can't even stay up. HEhe.
We do enjoy getting out on the boat and fishing. We also love to go swimming. WE love anytime spent outdoors in the spring and summer.