Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Show and Tell




Today I thought I would show you my husband's mistress!!! She is a little younger than I am, has most of her original parts and is his favorite color, blue.

Meet Miss Blue. She is a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette. Back when we were dating in the 1970's, he would always say one day he was going to own a corvette. Well that wish came true for him. He purchased this corvette 8 years ago from his brothers neighbor and it became a part of our family. He really doesn't drive it too much, mostly just to car shows and cruise in's.

Do you see the guitar in front of the car? My dear husband made that! He bought a "donor" electric guitar at a pawn shop and pulled the electronics from it. My son designed the shape of the guitar and helped with the construction. The knobs on the body are made to look like dash board knobs, the Chevrolet insignia is on the back, the trademark crossed flags are on the neck with "Corvette" inlaid in mother of pearl up the neck. Of course it is finished to match the color of the much adored Corvette!

This weekend is going to be a very busy one! Saturday night my son is participating in the high school talent show. He is playing "Voodoo Chile" by Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan on the guitar and his friend will accompany him on the drums. Sunday I will be having my Grandmother and Sister down for lunch!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a blessed Mothers Day!




17 comments:

Lori said...

I love your husband's mistress. Good thing it is just a car. (HeHe)

Cool car and guitar.

You have a blessed and wonderful Mothers Day weekend!

Hugs, Lori

Trella said...

I love the car!! My husband would love it, and his favorite color is also blue.
The guitar is also cool.
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Trella

Jenn4Him said...

How cool!

Unknown said...

How fun. I like that kind of mistress. Easy to keep track of :)

Karen said...

Well, how COOL is that????
That 'vette is the same model that I wanted to purchase about 30 years ago for $800.00!!!!! My Dad wouldn't let me. I'm still kicking myself....
Love the guitar, too!
Blessings and Happy Mother's Day!
Karen

Barbara H. said...

My husband likes Corvettes, too, but I don't think he has ever had one -- at least not since we've been married. Funny about it being a mistress, LOL! And that's a cool guitar!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Tracy said...

I can't wait to show this to my son!

Sandra said...

LOL my husband's mistress is an F-16 Jet LOL

This is too cute, thanks for sharing :)

Betty said...

What a pleasant time I had visiting with you. Your husband's car is beautiful! as well as the guitar....

What a young age to lose your mother......I'm so glad you had your grandmother.

Please come again........

Susan said...

Cool car and doing the guitar was so clever. Good look to your son tonight.

Marci said...

Great car and I love the color. I am glad he got his dream.

Unknown said...

So cute how you "lovingly" call the corvette your hubby's mistress! And what a guitar! My goodness, your men are talented!
Happy Mother's Day!

Sharon said...

Nice car! Nice guitar!!

Have a blessed Mother's day!

Carole Burant said...

Well, THAT kind of mistress is ok! hehe What a gorgeous car and the colour is fabulous!! Also love the guitar, how special is that! Happy Mother's Day:-) xo

dot said...

All I can say is "wow"! Love the car and the guitar!

Kelli said...

Your husband's mistress is very pretty! ;0)
I love the color!!
Kelli

Jodi said...

Love that blue! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Happy Mother's Day to you! :o)