Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This and That

I hope everyone had a wonderful long holiday weekend. We were very busy. I feel like I need a couple days off from work to recover!


Friday night we had some friends down for a pool party and cookout, then Saturday we had a birthday party for my niece Rebecca and my Dad. Rebecca really liked the purse and dog that I had made her.



Sunday we spent the day out on the lake and then that afternoon went to Roanoke to see Josh Gracin and Pure Prairie League perform at Festival in the Park. The weather could not have been any better, a nice cool breeze and the smell of carnival food, YUM!

Yesterday we mostly just hung aroung the house. I did some sewing and some scrapbooking and Yngwie and his friend practiced the songs they are playing at an end of the year party another of his friends is having then into the pool to cool off!

I also wanted to share a couple of photos of some great finds from thrifting at the Rescue Mission Friday afternoon.
I am a big Thomas Jefferson fan! Mostly due to his agriculture and gardening knowledge. Anyway, I got this great tray that is aluminum with a tile portrait of him in the center for $1.50. I used this for snacks both Friday night and Saturday.


I was also thrilled to find this stack of cookbooks and craft books! The cookbooks were $1.00 each and the craft books were .10. There are 3 brand new Debbie Mumm craft books in there! I love Debbie Mumm! I can't wait to get started on some of the projects!



Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Linda

8 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh don't you just love a good find.
In the top picture I thought at first it was a booth set up at a fair and then I realized that it was the birthday celebration. I really like the way you can open up a window and have an instant serving area. How handy must that be. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Carrie said...

Hi there, I came here from Kelli's blog. Sounds like you had a great weekend. We went bargain hunting this weekend too, at some garage sales. Gotta love finding a good deal!
I'll be back again!
God bless :)

Jenn4Him said...

Sounds like you do need a couple days off to rest. That is exactly how I felt after our weekend. I am not sure why we do this to ourselves. We are kids at heart and want to go, go, go!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
It sounds like you had a pretty full weekend. Great finds, esp. all of those books!

I mainly worked in the yard and managed to get some sewing done.

Kimberly :)

Carole Burant said...

Hi Linda:-) It sounds like you had a busy weekend but at least it was a fun one!! I love that purse you made for your neice...gorgeous!! You certainly did find some wonderful treasures at the thrift shop...I love Debbie Mumm too and how very lucky you were to find some of her craftbooks!! xox

Kelli said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I enjoyed seeing all of your new treasures, the books look like they are full of great things!
Kelli

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!
What a fun concert to go to.

Lori said...

P.S. I was going to tell you that we have that exact same phone(the white cord less phone) as in your last picture.