Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Weekend Fun!



This first pic is for Sharon. It's kind of dark, but I think you can see that it matches your vase. This teapot belonged to my great aunt Clara. It set on the shelf that separated the dining room from the hall. She gave it to me after I got married. Mine says McCoy on the bottom.

This weekend my DH, son and I put our cars into the car show for the Dogwood Festival. It was a beautiful day and there was a great turnout. They have a carnival, food vendors, craft shows, music, etc. followed by a parade. This festival dates back to the 1950's when the local high school sold dogwood trees to raise money from band uniforms. When the uniforms arrived they had a parade so everyone could see their new uniforms and they have held the parade ever since!
Yesterday I went out to the garden and much to my surprise my radishes were ready! These are french breakfast and cherry sparkler! I am really not all that fond of radishes but I love to see them grow! We give away alot of radishes!
Today during my lunch hour, I am going to the nursery and get my tomato and pepper plants. I love to garden.
I did not get any sewing done this week-end, but I did cut out a really cute rabbit that I hope to get finished this week.
Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

Bill said...

The picture is dark and I could see some of the design detail, but couldn't really make out the shape of the teapot.

It's so neat to find something like the vase I have, as I've never seen anything like it before.

Thank you for sharing with me! :-)

Tina Leigh said...

HEY I want that tea pot!!

Lori said...

Cool Tea Pot!

You have radishes already. We just started planting our garden and have the onions, potatoes, and cucumbers planted. We hope to plant the rest in a week or two.

You have a great week too~

Kelli said...

Your teapot is really pretty and the radishes are beautiful! Have a wonderful week.
Kelli

smilnsigh said...

What a beautiful teapot. And what a wonderful history goes with it... Given to you by your Great Aunt Clara.

Just wondering, is there anywhere to write its history down and keep it, with the teapot? So it never gets forgotten, down the years? Just write it up and pop the paper inside, I guess. :-)

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

"DH, son and I put our cars into the car show for the Dogwood Festival."

What kind of cars?

Why no pictures of these cars?

If you entered them in a Festival/ parade, they must be interesting.

Mmmmm... see what you're getting? A new reader here, who is already bugging you for more pics!!! Eeeek! ,-)

Mari-Nanci