Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy October!

Fall is very slowly weaving it's way through SW Virginia. The leaves are just beginning to take on their gold and red glow. We are still having warm days, but the nights are chilly and perfect for sitting on the patio with the fire pit going and a cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate in your hand. Several of our neighbors have fired up their wood stoves and the smell of woodsmoke is in the air.

As promised a couple of weeks ago, I am going to post some of my Halloween decorations in my kitchen hutch.

I just love the smiling bobbly head Jack o Lantern man! And if an item has glitter on it, I will buy it! Like the golden glittered acorn bucket. I got several of the gargoyles at the dollar store this year.

One of the girls at work got me the Kelli doll with the pumpkin suit on. Isn't she adorable? And my dear son Yngwie, bought the Barbie in the witches dress for me. I have a "thing" for white pumpkins this year, so when I saw the white pumpkin with Boo written on it in GLITTER, it practically jumped right into my basket on its's own! I made the handstitched jack o lantern hanging in the background. Isn't that tiny little dolls pitcher in orange and white polka dots adorable? The Great Pumpkin left Yngwie treat in the Trick or Treat bucket last year. Does the Great Pumpkin visit your house? He has every year since Yngwie became too old to Trick or Treat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful October day!
Blessings

Linda

9 comments:

Libby said...

*mmmm* The smell of wood smoke is so nice. That's a scent memory of the town where my grandma lived.

GlorV1 said...

That is what is so good about October, the smells, the feel, and memories that come with it.

Carole Burant said...

Happy October to you too, dear Linda:-) I just loved seeing close up pictures of your Halloween decorations, how precious they all are! It only went up to 46 today so Autumn has really settled in...it's supposed to go down in the 30's tonight with chances of snow flurries. xoxo

Kelli said...

Happy October! Your kitchen hutch is so charming with all of your special halloween decorations. So cute!
~Kelli

Arlene G said...

Love your hutch....trying not to be envious!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, my grandkids would love playing in that hutch with all your goodies.

I love all the colors of fall which makes decorating so much fun. I also really like your tablescape in the previous post.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What fun!! I don't put as much Halloween out as I used to but it's waiting in the attic for when there are grandbabies in the house someday.

Jeanne said...

Good morning Linda, are you ready for tomorrow. The big Halloween swap is upon us. I am working on my photos now. Your Post is so festive and warming us up for Halloween. The big pumpkin does not visit us anymore, but that would be fun.

Hugs...Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Linda, are you ok? We are supposed to show our swap items. Or did I get it wrong? Come see your wonderful gifts you sent me on my post today. I hope you like what I did. Smile.

Hugs...Jeanne