Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Bathing Suit Season!

Well, not really! It's 26 degrees here today with snow flurries, and wind gusts up to 6o miles per hour putting the wind chill at 16. WINTER, I AM SO OVER YOU!!!!
Now that little tamtrum is over let me show you Barbies new "vintage" bathing suit.

This was made from a 1964 McCalls Pattern. I love this suit! It is red polka dot lined with a red, white and blue print that I should have taken a photo of. It was suprising easy to put together considering how small it is.

I bought my self a bathing suit yesterday as well; however I can assure you that you will not see a picture of me with it on!! If you are looking for a nice, modest, well made swim suit head to your closest Sams Club. They are so cute and they have a really good selection right now! And for the record, I hate bathing suit shopping! I am fish belly white and my legs needed shaving. That is probably way more information than you needed.

This is up next for my sewing project. I have never made a Project Runway pattern before but love this tunic. I cut it out last night and it has a gazillion pieces! I have never seen a garment put together like this one.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
THINK SPRING!!!!!

2 comments:

Lily said...

Bathing suits are evil. Although I've decided that I'm definitely making one for next summer! It will involve large quantities of industrial strength elastic for sucking in my gut! Am looking forward to the challenge.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Your Barbie clothes over here are ADORABLE!!! We made a darling dress for New Year's Eve over here recently from the 'Project Runway' line. It was very simple and very vintage looking.
Have fun,
M.L.