Friday, March 15, 2013

Spoolie Swap

Good Friday Morning!!!  It is still crisp and cold in SW Virginia even though Spring begins next week.  Isn't that so exciting? I love Spring!

A shout out to Sandy for hosting an Easter spoolie swap!  I had never made a spoolie before and now I am hooked!  By the way..if you can't find an old wooden spool you can buy them at Joann Fabrics in a pack of 5 or 6 for $2.99.  If you have a half price coupon, you are in luck!

I was very lucky to have been paired up with Michelle at Nook and Cranny for this swap!  Just look at the beautiful things she made and sent to me

My spoolie and decorated box... look at the loveliness of both of them!

Here is a close up of the box.

And this is the spoolie she made..There is a spool under there!  Look at all the different mediums she used.  Yarn, silk flowers, moss, paper, wood,... just amazing.

And when I opened the box I was blown away by the surprises it held.

How did she know I collect vintage Easter postcards??

It just went on and on..I kept going back and looking at everything again and again..

I love these crystals.  I already had one just like them and I have put them on a chain with a crystal Princess House bead (remember those from the 80's?) in between them and it's so pretty!

Now I can show you what I made. 

This is the spoolie.  The bottom is an old jello mold and I put the spool on top along with a paper cut out and little vintage duck.  I had now made 5 of these..I will get photos soon.  I am giving them to friends and family for Christmas.

This is my decorated box.  I love the vintage bunny on top.  He was one of the vintage picks I bought last year and I am loving crafting with them this year.

I also made this little tote bag.  I transfered an old greeting card image onto it.

A bunny is guarding the bird house...

I also threw in one of my crocheted peeps, (I have made 10 of them!) some candy, lip gloss, and other assorted an sundry items..

A little Easter peg doll that I made.

And an Easter card.

What a fun swap!

Estate sale season is finally gearing up around here and I am headed to one at lunch today that looks promising!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Blessings

Linda


11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Simply fantastic! Such a fun exchange. Who would have thought we would all enjoy this theme so much!?! Such great treasures from your partner. Your goodies are equally precious. Love the glittered jello mold. The perfect touch!

Unknown said...

What a great swap ;)
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Michele

GardenOfDaisies said...

Looks like you two both had a lot of fun with your swap. Smiles all around. I really like your little bunny box. I'm finishing up final touches on the spoolie stuff for my partner.

ImagiMeri said...

Oh Linda, how blessed you are and how talented. My swap partner is in England so it's gonna be another week or so before I can post piccys. I love your crochet peep, so cute and looks just like the real ones......is there marshmallow in the middle...?wink, wink.

Hugs,
Meri

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, you gals did an AWESOME job on the spoolies and lots of wonderful "extra's" That was a fun swap!
Warmly,
deb

Tammy's in Love said...

Great pix! I love the pedestals for the spools that eveyone is coming up with. Now all of us have ideas to make more for ourselves!

Diane Mars said...

Linda the spoolie is darling! great goodies too! Have fun this Sunday St Patty's Day! Hugs, Diane

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGosh, what pretty goodies, especially the bird nest! Love your creations too:)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful swap!I love your spoolie!!!! And, I love your Peep, too! Happy Easter!

craftyles said...

I love all the Easter treasures. The little jello mold base is the cutest. I also love your crochet bunny peep.SO cute. Looks like a ton of fun!

Tammy's in Love said...

WOE! That's a lot of creativity right there on one table!