Friday, April 04, 2014

Cloche Swap!

Good Friday Morning!  It has been a beautiful week here is SW Virginia and the weekend is looking good too.  I am so enjoying all the trees and flowers blooming, it's just beautiful!

I am so glad that I joined Sandy at 521 Lake St 's cloche swap.  What a fun idea to take dollar store plastic wine glasses and turn them into mini cloches!  I was lucky enough to get paired up with my fellow Virginian Pam who blogs at Virginia Retro!  I got my package this week and was just blown away by her generosity and thoughtfulness.
Look at all this "Springy" stuff.  That little rabbit head ornament is adorable. He is hanging on my Easter tree now!
Isn't this the cutest cloche!  I love the tulle and Easter egg at the top, so frilly!
So much fun stuff!  I love the little wooden rabbits and carrots and I know that seam binding will come in handy.
See that Cookies 'N Cream Bunny?  Good thing I took a photo of it because it's gone now!  I love the little book about what it means to be Southern.  Pam wrote a cute note that said "I wasn't born in the South but got here as quick as I could".  Too funny!
Beautiful lace and doilies and a decorated egg shaped box.
Flower seeds!  Can't wait until time to plant these.
Beautiful hanky and table scarf.  Love the colors!
This was the best of all!  Look at that Pixie Pin!  OMG!  I have worn it every day since I got it!  He is so cute and creepy, he's perfect!  And behind him is the cutest little bird that I have clipped to my Easter tree and some beautiful springy ribbon.
 
I have had such a great time this week, tweaking my Spring and Easter decorations with all this goodness that Pam sent me.  She is such a sweetie and I am so glad I have gotten to "know" her through blogging.
 
I am headed to a couple of Estate sales this weekend, last weeks were a bust, I came home empty handed.  I am also planning on cleaning and decorating my front porch for Spring.  It looks so forlorn and deserted right now.  Everything needs to be cleaned and get a coat of paint to freshen it up.
 
Have a great weekend everyone!
 
Blessings
 
Linda

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Pam and I were paired last Easter for a different swap and she's definitely generous and so creative. Look at all those fun treasures! Good luck with those estate sales. I saw two this morning and I'm hoping there will be something left after work.

PS. It's another gray and blustery day in West MI. I swear we will never have green grass again. Boo.

Shirley Hatfield said...

It is so much fun to see how each crafter interprets the swap challenge! My how cute! Pam is a generous partner indeed!

Stephanie said...

Oh wow, what lovely items you received! Everything is so pretty and perfect for Easter :) Happy weekend!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Fun swap! So nice to be paired with someone so generous.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hi Linda, Glad you like everything! It was 70 here today and I really need to get in the garden, but with all the rain we had this week we're still too muddy. Have fun this week-end!

BTW, I just did a post on the wonderful goodies you sent me. I have to finish my display with my new goodies and show it off soon.

xo, Pam

vintage grey said...

Oh, what a wonderful swap and such beautiful treasures from Pam!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, you received many FUN and sweet things from Pam. The cloche is cute! It was a great swap!
Very nice Easter banner you made for your mantle! He Is RISEN!
I hope you find some treasures this weekend.
warmly,
deb

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So many sweet and fun goodies!! I just was visiting Pam, and seen all the cute things you sent her too! You both are so creative and generous!! Such a fun swap this was!! :) Good luck at the estate sales!! We actually are suppose to be having some spring like weather today and tomorrow!! YIPEEE!! xo Holly

ImagiMeri said...

Looks like quite the haul, and I know you'll be decorating up a storm with all those goodies.

Hugs,
Meri

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The swaps are so much fun...so many talented ladies like you take part! Enjoy your goodies and decorating for Spring! Sweet hugs!

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, Linda! Pam did spoil you:) How cute, making cloches out of wine glasses?! Brilliant!