Monday, May 19, 2014

Vintage Tablecloths-More stuff I do not collect

Good Morning!  It's a beautiful, crisp sunny day is SW Virginia.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Today's post is about vintage tablecloths.  I got all of these at THE auction and paid $5.00 for the lot.  All of them are pretty "loved".  There are small holes and stains on all of them but the last one, but once you put everything on the table, you would never notice them.
 
All washed and kind of pressed.

This is just your basic picnic table cloth.

How cute is this with the flower pots with ivy.

 
I used to have my kitchen done in "Rooster and Chickens" back in the 1980's and I still love rooster stuff.


I think these are some kind of roses, they are more coral than orange like it shows up here.


This one is very small but such pretty colors


More roses. 

Ugh, I didn't get that one ironed very well.
Daisies, this is such a pretty cloth.

This is the only one with a makers name and I can't tell what that says!
Random flowers with a red border


This one is my very favorite!  Early American

 

This one must have been very special because it was on a hanger with dry cleaning tags.

Such a pretty winter looking tablecloth.

These aren't tablecloths, obviously, but I love the Christmas table scarf.  Do you know what those little aprons are for?  While they would probably fit Barbie they belong on a dish soap bottle.

I remember dish soap being in a smaller bottle when I was growing up and they probably fit them better.
 
Hope you have a great Monday!
 
Linda 


12 comments:

Diane said...

A lot of us can tell you that signature is "Vera." Very collectible! Good haul.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Linda!

They're all wonderful but I like the daisy one best!

I remember those bottle dresses. I remember being weirded out by them but also thinking how impractical they were! Ha! I was a weird kid!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a haul! Your fav is my fav too. Although I can see the sweet Daisy one on a table with a gorgeous bouquet of Daisies in the middle. Can't believe you got those all for that price! I have one of those soap aprons, but it's not vintage.
hugs,
Jann

Stephanie said...

They are all so lovely! And what a great price :)

Have a beautiful week!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

They are all wonderful Linda, and what a score. Those stains do disappear on the table, and even more so when you add your dishes.

The blue fern design is a Falspun, and I believe the red roses a Wilendur. Wilendur is usually tagged, but not always.

Let me think about the others and I'll let you know if I can ID any of them. I know that rooster one...old memory, lol.

Enjoy using them!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh those are lovely!! I love the flower pots, the daisy one, and the early American one....ok well I love them all really! lol They are too pretty not to keep! Love the way you dressed your soap bottle up too! Wishing you a happy new week!! xo Holly

Shirley Hatfield said...

It's a lot of fun seeing all the things you "don't collect"...lol! Lucky you finding all those tablecloths...my sister would mug you in a back alley for those! =D

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those are beautiful table cloths. It's too bad people don't stop for roadside picnics anymore. A pretty tablecloth like one of yours would really brighten up the ugly picnic tables that could be found along the roads back in the day!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Makes me want to grab some fried chicken, cheap wine, and have a picnic date with the hubby!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Makes me want to grab some fried chicken, cheap wine, and have a picnic date with the hubby!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love them! I especially love the flower pots with ivy. What a great collection. What fun this auction has been for all of us.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Random flowers with a red border...oh my! That is beautiful! And the roses, too! I collect these and always think I could make tote bags or something with the stained ones but then I can't bear to cut them! lol GREAT BUY my friend! Hugs!