Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This and That

WARNING: A mom's shameless brag alert!
My dear son Yngwie and his band called "The Deposit" played at his high school last Friday at a benefit concert for the Americal Leukiemia and Lymphoma Foundation. They play mostly classic rock, but also played a little "new" rock and some blues. The concert raised $800.00!!!! Yngwie is on the left with the blue guitar. We are so proud of all the work he put into making this concert such a success.



My Peter Rabbit garden is doing so well! I have already had radishes and spinach from this little garden and the herbs are doing fantastic.
Peter Rabbit is keeping a close watch on the parsley and chives. In the background you can see some of the lettuce and spinach.
Would you like some pineapple mint for your tea or lemonade? Also starting up are some cinnamon basil, some chamomile, dill, and cilantro. They have just started poking out of the ground.
I absolutely love this color tulip. I only bought 12 of them last fall, so this year I am hoping to find some more of this variety and color.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Spring!
Blessings

Linda

6 comments:

Libby said...

Pineapple mint . . . now that sounds very interesting *s*

nancy said...

Love that photo! Thanks,
Nancy

Kelli said...

I'm so glad to see a picture of the band, they look like they are having fun! Your herbs are growing so well... what a lovely home for Peter Rabbit. :0)
~Kelli

blackthumbgirl said...

Hi Linda :) I saw your link through Seasonal Delights~ your garden looks lovely! I love pineapple mint! I'm so impressed by how much growth you have already (being from the Pacific Northwest things are green but still a bit cool). Take care

Mountain Mama said...

You just go ahead and brag all you want! Your son is doing a wonderful thing and deserves credit.
I love your Peter Rabbit garden. What a cute idea. I don't have my garden planted yet because it isn't warm enough here. Hopefully by the middle of the month I can have it in, but won't be planting a lot.
I have some herbs that keep coming up every year, I especially like using the chives and parsley, but want to try some peppermint one of these days and also some Lemon Balm tea.
I hope you are having a good week end.

Nora Lee said...

Congratulations on your son's band raising so much money for a great cause. I love the pics of your garden also.

You asked me in a post about where the scrapbook t-shirt came from, it was bought at a store in Winston-Salem called Scrapbook Traditions. They have a web site you may be able to order it from them.

Sandra