Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas is coming.....

This weekend went by in a whirlwind!!  Yngwie and his friends came in Saturday to decorate the Christmas trees!  It was so much fun having all these teenagers in the house, laughing and having a good time!  While they were busy decorating I made some homemade chili, with all the fixin's, pigs in a blanket, chocolate chip cheeseball with graham crackers and a homemade pumpkin cheesecake!!  YUM!  All was devoured in a matter of minutes!

While the kids were decorating the big trees, I decorated my little aluminum tree in the kitchen.  This year the theme is ELVES!  I love elves and pixies and have been collecting them for years!  Here is my first ever elf tree:
I love this tree!  It truly makes me smile every single time I look at it!
And speaking of elves,
I saw an estate sale listed in the paper and yesterday was the last day and everything was half price, I had to go into work for a little while anyway, so decided to run by there on my way into work and am I ever glad that I did!  Look at the elves I found!
A cute and sexy little elf lady on an ashtray.  (Do they even make ashtrays anymore?)

An adorable little kneehugger who is already on my tree.
I also bought this little ornament

Isn't she a doll? and speaking of dolls

Too cute for words.

and these Easter chicks came home with me too!
Total cost of these adorable purchases??  $4.00!!!!!
Then on my way home, I swung by the antique store and snagged these cuties.

He is a music box that plays "Jingle Bells"  Isn't that the cutest face ever!

Yngwie says this elf looks like he's up to something!

an Annalee reindeer!
I love going to the antique mall, you never know what you'll find
With so much going on at home and work, I didn't have time to do too much crafting, but made some headway on the elf I am making from Elizabeth, a Bluebird Papercrafts pattern.  He should be finished tomorrow!
Hope everyone has a great week!!

Linda

2 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hi Linda!

Loving your Elf Tree! I'm actually doing one this year too, only since with a 3 ft. green tree. I'm still hoping to find an aluminum one at an estate sale or thrift shop someday.

Aren't vintage ornaments fun? It kills me that 8 years ago, I had a dining room table filled with them from my husband's grandmother who passed away. I HATED plastic at that time and considered them tacky so we donated them, only saving the knee huggers and little flocked Santas. I'm glad I saved those because now I love them!

Jill

Missouri Gal said...

We had the knee hugger one when I was a kid. Or my grandma did. Some did anyway!
I wasn't going to put up a tree this year but after seeing all these Christmas trees on blogs I follow, I'm getting in the mood!