Thursday, May 10, 2012

Needlecases and Anniversaries

Good Thursday Morning! 

32 years ago I was getting ready to marry the love of my life!!!  Dear husband and I met at the skating rink when we were just 15 years old!  4 years later after we had both graduated high school and were in college, we got married.  Sooo young!!!  Everybody said it would never last because we were too young.  WRONG!  I still can't imagine being with anyone else but him...

In other news... I am working on making one of these needlecases, but with gardening season here I don't seem to be able to find enough time to finish it.  This pattern is from the October 1978 issue of Stitch n Sew.



Here is the scanned pages with patterns if anyone else would like to make one.  I wish there was a color picture because they really are cute!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Blessings

Linda

6 comments:

Debby said...

Happy Anniversary. We got married at a young age and we are still happy.

Tammy's in Love said...

Congrats! "They say for every boy and girls there's just one love in this whole world and I know, I've found mine. We will say to one another there will never be another love for you, or for me. Young love, pure love,we share with deep emotion." Very old Sonny James song lyrics, young love does last. Mine too, 'got married at 20, still happily ever after!

Ann said...

Adorable wedding picture--yes young love. We were 18 and 21 and we're still together after 47 years this July. I am anxious to see this sewing basket, having a hard time imaginating it.
Have a fun day in the garden.
Ann

Vee said...

I'm glad that you found the right one early on. =D Happy Anniversary!

I did snag this needlebook pattern. It's so cute! Thank you.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Happy anniversary! And what sweet little cottage needlecases!

Anonymous said...

It's genuinely very complicated in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, therefore I only use web for that reason, and obtain the hottest news.

Here is my website - mountain dew breakfast drink