Friday, May 11, 2012

T.G.I.F

Not a very original title, but it truly sums up the way I feel today!  What a week at work! 

I thought today I would finish up showing you the treasures that I found at the last estate sale that I attended.  I did buy a lot, but I also drove 3 hours to this sale and wasn't about to go home empty handed, plus the prices were 1/2 price on the day that I went.

Y'all know how much I love my Pixies and elves!
Don't these have the cutest faces?  They are a little dirty and I'm not sure how to go about cleaning them.  I think I will just take a damp rag with some Dawn on it and see how it goes.

DH actually found this little guy and brought it over and said "He said he needs to go home with your". See, that's why DH and I have been married so long.  He gets me!

I think these fellows are called spun heads.  I will probably use them with some of my Christmas crafts.

These decorations look like those Irmi ones I have been seeing on several blogs, but they're not.  I forget the name on them but I looked them up on Ebay and was shocked that they were worth around $5.00 each with the exception of the Santa on the cart and he was $12.00!  I paid $1.00 for all of them!

Sigh... more vintage greeting cards.  Seems I can't get enough of them.

Look at them!  How could I resist???

This little booklet is one of my favorites!

Baby's bath or Dunking the Darling!  LOL!

Someone put a lot of time into stitching up this Christmas card!  I am framing it.  It's just too pretty to sit in a drawer.

I am hitting an Estate sale in town today that looks promising and tomorrow morning I am running in another 5K to support our area Manna Ministries that provides free food for the poor.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Blessings
Linda


5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pixies and collect them! I keep some of them out year round in my sewing area! Love your finds...the card will be beautiful to frame! Enjoy your weekend! I'm hoping you find LOTS more treasures!

Tammy's in Love said...

Knee huggers! I had that red one when I was a kid, have been looking for him forever! FUN FINDS! The cards are adorable, I love the graphics on them, perfect for tags!

Happy Weekend!

Tammy

Kathy said...

That Dunking the Darling cracked me up! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. It is nice to meet you, as well!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What fun finds! I want to go with you next time! :-)

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You found such cute things! And DH did a great job too! I'd say that was well worth the 3 hour drive!
Have a great weekend.
Erica :)