Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014 Halloween Tree


                      Good Thursday Morning!  I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, just been very busy!  We finally finished taking down all the dreaded wall paper in the dining room and painting it.  I went with a "navy" blue below the chair rail and "silver dust" above.  We still need to put some shoe molding down but a least everything is back in there and out of the other rooms!

I spent part of last weekend getting my Fall and Halloween decorations out of the attic. What a job! 

Remember that garish, tacky electric blue Christmas tree I bought this summer?  Well look at it now in all of it's Halloween glory!
I had such a good time decorating this tree!  The tree topper is a large rosette that I made with scrapbook paper, some crepe paper and an owl cut out.
 
!
The tree is pre-lit with blue lights and I added 3 strands of "ghost" lights that I found at the Goodwill for .95 per box

I love these rosette type decorations.  That little cross stitch with is the last thing I ever cross stitched.  My eyes just won't let me do it anymore.

I found this cute graphic on Pinterest!
 
Hope everyone is enjoying their fall so far!
 
Blessings
 
Linda
                                                                                                                                                                    

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You know I'm loving your amazing tree and all your splendid decorations. It looks fabulous! Halloween hugs from my house to your own!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

It is so cute and perfect with your decorations Linda! I bought a purple little tree on clearance after Christmas and used it for Easter. I never thought about Halloween. Thanks for the idea. :)

I think it is a busy time of year for everyone, the summer to fall transition. Anyway, great to see you post!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The blue walls looks so pretty. Paint sure can make a room. Fun Halloween tree.
warmly,
deb