Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cinnamon Pound Cake


I had planned to make this cake this weekend but got busy with other things and never got around to it. So, I made it yesterday. You should have smelled it cooking! OH MY! Yngwie came in the kitchen and said "Smells like Christmas in here". It tasted just as good as it smelled too. I did make one mistake making this cake; fortunately it was easily corrected. I looked at the recipe on the other side of the cookbook and put in 3 cups of sugar! This recipe only calls for 1/2 cup of sugar. But since I hadn't mixed the cinnamon in it yet I was able to scoop it out.


Cinnamon Pound Cake (From the VIP Cookbook, A Potpouri of Virginia Cooking Vol VII)


1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup sugar (not 3 cups!)
1/4 cup cinnamon
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup water
4 eggs
confectioners sugar (optional)

Mix cinnamon and sugar together and set aside. (make sure you didn't add 3 cups of sugar!)
Mix all other ingredients together using a mixer until well blended. Slowly add mixture of cinnamon and sugar to cake mix mixture. Bake in a greased and floured tube or bundt pan for 50 minutes on 350. Sprinkle top with confectioners sugar if desired.

Thanks Doris Clark from Bridgewater, VA for a delicious recipe!

Have a blessed day!


Linda

10 comments:

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Beautiful cake Linda!

Just stopped by the say "Hello" and invite you over to enter my give-away if you haven't done so already.

Have a wonderful day!
Deborah

smilnsigh said...

Knowing me, I'd probably have appreciated it, with the 3 cups of sugar. -grin-

Mari-Nanci

Trudi said...

I wish you had a scratch and snif blog. Looks really good. Yum.

Kelli said...

Ooh....such a pretty cake, I'm printing out the recipe. I'm with Mari-Nanci, I probably would have liked the extra sugar..hehee.

Kelli

Kelli said...

Oh, I also wanted to thank you for sharing your summer memories with me. I enjoyed reading about them!
Kelli

Myrna said...

That cake is beautiful. I can smell it from here! I'm so glad you took a picture of it to share.

Lynne said...

Beautiful cake-I did the opposite while making zucchini bread and didn't remember the sugar until I poured the batter into the pans.

Carole Burant said...

I can just imagine the wonderful aroma it emitted while it was cooking...I love the smell of cinammon!! The cake certainly does look delicious and I've printed out the recipe:-) xox

Lori said...

This looks delicious. I"m going to have to copy this recipe.

Jenn4Him said...

Yum! I'd like to try making that one, soon. Thanks!