Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why lbpsews hasn't been sewing!

Tomatoes! Coming out my ears! I'm not complaining, I love tomatoes! But what do you do with bucketfuls of cherry tomatoes? I had no idea that I planted 6, yes 6, cherry tomato plants and they are very prolific. We have just been eating them in salads, by the handfulls, giving them away to friends and neighbors, etc...

The large tomatoes have been used for tomato sandwiches. EVERY SINGLE DAY! I eat a tomato sandwich, at least one, every day. So does Yngwie. Dear husband prefers them in a bowl with cottage cheese. No matter how you eat them, they are sooooo delicious.

This weekend I plan to make salsa as I have an abundance of tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos from my garden.

So sewing has been put on hold, temporarily.

How does your garden grow?

3 comments:

Libby said...

Oh I'm so envious *S* I do hope the squirrels will manage to leave me a few to enjoy.

Mountain Mama said...

Your tomatoes are beautiful!!! I didn't grow any this year. We usually get blight and it's just too much work to have them destroyed.
I think the only way to enjoy the cherry tomatoes is fresh, but in old cookbooks there are recipes for tomato preserves. I never tried it myself but maybe they would work for that.

starflake said...

Sounds like my sibling's lot with eggplants last harvest season. Good luck finding diverse uses for those!