Thursday, October 16, 2014

Outdoor Halloween Decor and More estate sale goodies!

Good Thursday Morning!  I have tried to write a post all week but have been way too busy!

Do you decorate outside for Halloween?  I love Halloween so I don't think there is any place in our home that doesn't have some kind of decoration!
New this year is my pumpkin totem poles!  Just plain plastic Trick or Treat pails with a hole cut in the bottom and threaded on a dow rod and stuck into my planters.  I used clear lights to illuminate them.

I love these!

More blow mold pumpkins!
 
Last weekend I sat in the drizzle all day long at a local auction.  I really enjoyed watching the things sell.  It always amazes me what brings a lot of money and what they can't even give away!.  Most came from an old store that was across the street from the sale.

Dear husband showed up at the sale for about 10 minutes and bought this really cool thermometer.  The small red one is also an advertising one and was in one of my goodie boxes.

Some clear refrigerator containers.  I have quite the collection of these now.

Some cute red plastic ware.  I am going to sell this because the only reason I have it is because I wanted the Easter decorations below and they were in the same box!

These were absolutely filthy but cleaned up very nice.

A little stove teapot and an occupied Japan cigarette box.

I never set out to collect these heads, but they were in a box I bought for $5.00.  I sold everything else that was in the box and ended up making $20 on the box lot.  So my heads were free!!

Various advertising pieces. 

My family bought a lot of furniture from Morgan Eubank back in the day.  I love that they gave their customers these fans.

I need another set of glasses like I need a hole in the head, but these were so pretty.  3 different sizes.

These were in the box with the heads.  The only thing that didn't sell.
 
There was one more item that I bought but it isn't quite ready to show yet.  It was an unbelievable bargain and I can't wait until I finish getting it clean! 
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
 
Linda


10 comments:

Margaret said...

What great things you got ! You are always lucky at these sales. Love your totem poles too ! Very spooky! Maggie

Sheryl said...

Those glasses you got look like they go with some mixing bowls I have seen. The same leaf pattern.

Shirley Hatfield said...

I just love the idea of the treat bucket totem poles...very clever! I may have to try this next year!

Melissa said...

Wow - AWESOME estate sale finds! You should come share at my Thrifty Things party! It just opened for this week! :)

vintage grey said...

Such sweet finds!! And, cute blow molds!! xo Heather

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love your cute blow molds all lite up! And such wonderful goodies you found!! :) Have a great day! xo Holly

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love your totem poles! What fun. You really did find some neat things. Love that vintage Easter especially.

Halloween hugs!

vivian said...

fun stuff. Im liking that pumpkin totem idea! hmmmm.. so do I have a spot to put another thing? lol!! not really.. but..
well, we'll see if the inspiration sticks! lol!
have a great weekend
xoxo
vivian

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I think the pumpkin stacking idea is genius! Love those head vases, and drooling over the cute Easter finds. mI'm in the mood for an auction, they are fun free (if you don't buy) entertainment!

You did terrific Linda! :)

ابو السيد said...



شركة تنظيف خزانات بحائل
شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل
شركة تسليك مجارى بحائل