Monday, October 06, 2014

Wreath/Pumpkin Day!

Good Monday afternoon!  Did everyone have a wonderful weekend?  It was a perfectly, cool autumn weekend for us and I loved it! 

Last weekend our monthly craft group met at my house for a Fall wreath and pumpkin decorating day.  What fun we had!  There were 12 of us there, and I can't believe I didn't get a photo of all of us together!   We were having so much fun and there was so much going on I just plumb forgot!  A couple were new ladies just coming to see if they would like to join.  I think they are coming back!

Anyway, of course we always get started with snacks!  I say we are a eating group that just happens to make crafts!
 Deviled Eggs!  LOL!
 Delicious Fall cupcakes and nachos with spinach dip
 
 Candy corn fudge, jello jigglers, pumpkin dip with ginger snaps
Is this not the cutest Owl meat and cheese plate!

 "pumpkin" cheeseball and some mummy dogs!
 
We eat like champs!
 
The wreaths most of us made were the burlap/mesh type.  Most of us had never made one but JW had an she instructed us.  Take a look at her witch wreath!  Amazing!

DF decided not to do mesh but set about making an adorable Halloween wreath by covering a grapevine wreath she already had.  It turned out so cute!

This is my sis, her Halloween wreath is very spooky!

Yours truly went with just an Autumn themed wreath with sunflowers and fall stems

CG made her wreath in the color of Virginia Tech, where two of her boys have gone.

This is Brandi the youngest member of our group with her stunning peacock blue and black with silver snowflakes wreath!
LH made a wreath for her mom that turned out so pretty with it's fall flowers
 
SM couldn't stay long enough to make a wreath or pumpkin but she did make a cute little ghost spoolie!
After the wreaths we headed outside to decorate pumpkins.  Honestly we were so worn out from the wreaths, we didn't get them completely done.
 
 
These 3 are mine.  The first in chalkboard paint with our name on it, the second painted black with a stencil for the pumpkin faces, then dotted orange with glow in the dark paint.  The third is actually painted periwinkle and then highlighted with silver.  I love that one!

We had initial pumpkins

My sisters "picaso" moment where she painted this owl on hers after first painted the pumpkin white.

This one was made for one of our members who was absent who is fighting leukemia and winning!

JW was just happy to get hers painted black!  She finished them at home by painting them with dots.  It looks like her shadow is reaching into my shadows pocket.  There's nothing in there JW!

CG brought a white pumpkin and painted it with orange dots.
All in all we had a wonderful day with tons of laughing, eating and creating!
 
I love this group of ladies!
 
Blessings
 
Linda
 

8 comments:

vivian said...

what a fun day! great wreaths! I think I need to make a thanksgiving wteath! lol!
always fun to get together with crafty friends!
xoxo
vivian

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, what a great crafting party! Love all the creative results. Those wreaths are amazing. I have to buy a little pumpkin just to paint polka dots on it, the cutest!

We were almost to Lynchburg last week, beautiful out there! Now pass me a cupcake. :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

AWESOME wreaths!!! WOW! You girls were so creative. Are you going to make Christmas ones?!
warmly,
deb

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love all of those wreaths, esp the VT one. I'm a big Hokie fan myself and actually have both colors of mesh, but I don't know how to make the wreath. What's the story with the blue tree I see in the background?

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the idea of a wreath and pumpkin decorating party! That food display is out of this world! Candy corn fudge! An owl made out of cheeses and meats! I seriously want to steal those food ideas.

Patti said...

Oh how I wish I lived by you! I would love to have some crafty friends nearby. How cute those wreaths are, and some are huge!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I would love to spend a crafting day with friends...guess I might have to start my own...lol!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a fun crafting party!! All your yummy treats look so good too!! :) Mind sending a plate!? Such cute wreaths you all made!! Love the cute painted pumpkins too!! :) Halloween hugs! xo Holly